FASHION TECHNOLOGY & COSTUME DESIGNING
B.Sc. Costume Design and Fashion or Bachelor of Science in Costume Design and Fashion is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Designing course. Costume design is the fabrication of apparel for the overall appearance of a character or performer. This usually involves researching, designing and building the actual items from conception. In case of Fashion, which is a general term for a currently popular style or practice, especially in clothing, foot wear, or accessories. Fashion references to anything that is the current trend in look and dress up of a person.
Manufacturing involves purchasing textiles and fabrics required for the design and making the garment according to the master pattern. The Students can excel in the field as a Fashion Designer, Merchandiser, Quality controller, supervisor, Color Matching Advisor etc.
- One can go for higher degree program in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree, etc. They can become fashion consultant, they must be aware of the trends and transitions in the fashion market along with knowledge about fashion designing.
- They can offer ideas regularly on how to further develop a product to be readily absorbed in a market. she should be a sharp observer sensitive to changing trends.
- Export Houses
- Garment Manufacturing Unit
- Garment Store Chains
- Leather Companies
- Textile Mills
- Colleges & Universities
- Apparel Production Manager
- Cutting Assistant
- Fashion Coordinator
- Costume Designer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Outside Sales Representative
- Production Pattern Maker
- Fabric Buyer
- Show Room Sales Representative
- Fashion Show Organizer
- Technical Designer
B.Sc., Fashion Technology
- To analyze and identify required parameters vital to design and manufacture apparel products suiting the needs of the market.
- To acquire creative and innovative skills to design apparels and contribute to the design of systems, components of processes with due considerations given to public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors.
- To gain skill to use modern design and engineering tools towards optimum utilization of resources in apparel product and process development.
- To obtain knowledge of societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues related to fashion and textile technology.
- Business Administration
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science
- Fashion Technology & Costume Designing
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Hospital Administration
- Forensic Science
- Food Technology & Quality Control
- Aviation Management
- Funded Projects