NUTRITION & DIETETICS
B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics or Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics is an undergraduate Nutrition and Dietetics course. Nutrition is the process in which the necessary materials are given to cells and organisms to support life. The studies about the relationship between the body as well as food. Subjects covered under this degree are chemistry, biochemistry, food science and technology, dairy technology and polymer chemistry etc.
- It gives good basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- They can go for job in private sector clinics and hospitals and they also have self employment.
- Other areas where they can be employed are private sector organizations such as leisure cruise companies and private nursing homes.
- They can also become psychiatric nurse in which they have to work with patients suffering from emotional and psychological distress.
- Health and Recreation Club
- Nursing Care Facility
- Catering Departments (Star Hotel)
- Food service field include food Catering
- Institutional Catering
- Research & Development and Social Welfare
- Health Department (Gove./Pvt.)
- Research Labs (Food Manufacturer)
- Food Service Field
- Health Care Field
- Therapeutic Dietitian
- Food Show Host
- Sports Nutritionist
- Nutrition Trainer
- Administrative Nutritionist
- Public Health/Community Dietitian
- Area Business Manager
- Medical Representative
- Nutritional Sales Executive
B.Sc., Nutrition & Dietetics
- To provide basic understanding of the correlation between food and health.
- To acquire the knowledge about human anatomy, microbiology, biochemistry and their role in relation to food and health.
- To understand the role of food under specific diseased conditions.
- To be a part in the development of a community. and lifestyle changes towards a better future society.
- Business Administration
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science
- Fashion Technology & Costume Designing
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Hospital Administration
- Forensic Science
- Food Technology & Quality Control
- Aviation Management
- Funded Projects